Re: [IP] Exercise Highs

email @ redacted wrote:

> Today I did an hour of low intensity water aerobics.  Easy enough.
> My starting BG was nearly 200 - I'd pumped it up on purpose- my
> ending BG was 285 and 2 hours later I was 435 despite having bolused
> for the 285.

I get a post-exercise spike sometimes.  It seems to be consistent with
an exercise but varies between different exercises.  When I try any new
exercise or return to one I haven't done for a while, I like to start at
150 and test bgs frequently while exercising and every couple of hours
for several hours afterward.  It is then easy to see the pattern and
what insulin adjustment is required.