[IP] Panic attacks/anxiety

I was recently treated for panic attacks while driving as well!  What
I've learned is that panic disorder (or the more severe agoraphobia) is
usually the result of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.  ( how about being
dx'd with D for stress, huh?)  The treatment I chose was
non-pharmaceutical.  Not that I'm opposed to the use of drugs, but I pop
plenty of pills already for my kidney txp etc.  Also, I was concerned
with drug interactions and renal clearance.  Anyhow, I was treated using
a method called EMDR or Eye Movement Densensitization and Reprocessing.
It's non-invasive and so far seems to have done the trick for me - I can
even drive over bridges (couldn't do it a couple of months ago) without
having a panic attack - btw - all the symptoms you describe, heart
pounding etc.  Anyhow, I think that depression and or anxiety is not
uncommon with folks who have a chronic illness.