Re: Synthroid affect on periods, was [IP] re: PMS timing

At 12:50 AM 09/12/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>amy m
>> Can synthroid cause irregular periods?
>
>Insufficient amounts of thyroid hormones can cause heavy periods but I
>don't know if it can cause irregular periods. The nurse practitioner at
>my endo's caught my hypothyroidism when I mentioned my low hematocrit
>probably caused by heavy periods and suggested my primary care check
>thyroid function.
>
>Joanne

My daughter is hypothyroid and for many years she would only have 2- to 3
periods a year.  Her amount of synthroid has been increased and she now
menustrates almost continously.  Thyroid function and synthyroid can have
erratic effects on some women.

Gwen