Re: [IP] convincing the ignorant

In a message dated 9/17/99 10:02:23 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< my mother STILL thinks that geneva should not be eating any sugar
 whatsoever! >>

Hi Ruth

When people question me, I usually tell them that *all* foods convert to
sugar. When they eat, their pancreas automatically releases insulin to get
the sugar from the blood into the cells. I do the same thing mechanically.
That *usually* works. However, YEMV (your explanation may vary).

I also very much liked the answer about mentioning advances in technology and
knowledge about other diseases as well.

In the "for what it's worth department," I dislike having my mother visit,
too. She gets this "look" on her face when DM is mentioned. I don't believe
she's comfortable with me having DM, although she says she is. So I just
don't test or anything around her, which can get to be a hassle at times. :-\

I also