Re: [IP] Martial Arts

Hello Jef!  Thx again for responding to my questions about the pump and
Aikido.  Its very reassuring to hear from a fellow aikidoka.   I'm interested
in your experience with disconnecting as it would definitely be the simplest
approach.  My experience with regular injections of humalog has been way too
many low BGs during class....or it occasionally gets real high with not enuf
insulin on board.  Most people have said they stay connected for exercise but
they may not have any idea what an aikido class is like!  It's true that ukeme
is probably the best way to keep the BGs down!  My doc and nurse both get this
glazed over look when I try to explain classes to them.  Can't blame them tho,
it IS rather unusual.  Haven't decided for sure what to do next week when I go
back to class.  Will seriously consider what you've said and give it some more
thought.  Will experiment and see what works best.

Don't know any of the senseis you listed other than Tohei whose books I've
read.  Our sensei's sensei in Japan studied with Yamaguchi Sensei and our
teacher follows that style. Our style, like yours,  is very aerobic and
dynamic.  It's  fluid, focuses more on working with center and harmonizing
energy, circular movement and vacuum.  The emphasis is on feeling rather than
technique. We try to not use any muscle or force but rather to relax, blend
and flow with the opponents energy.  (Does that make sense to you?)

Domo Arigato, once again!  Marilyn