Re: [IP] Pumps/hospitals/ER

    Excellent advice - and not JUST for pump related problems. My dad has had
over 20 different surgeries over the decades & probably takes just as many
medications. I suggested my parents print out & laminate a detailed record of
his meds so that in the event of an emergency necessitating 911, my mom could
just hand the EMTs a copy & not worry about being too flustered to recall
everything...Meanwhile, HE had to call 911 for HER last week, so, so much for
my planning ahead! Fortunately, they're both fine.....but it "behooves" (
popular word this week!) all of us to be PROACTIVE when it comes to
anticipating potential problems with ER personnel who, at best, are
overworked & understaffed.

Regards, Renee (pump-mom/coach to 16 1/2 yr old Melissa)