Re: [IP] convincing the ignorant

In a message dated 9/17/99 11:02:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I know that deep down inside that it doesn't matter what she thinks....but
 just would like some 'ammunition'.   we are also heading to a family reunion
 at thanksgiving at which I would like to be prepared for the other
 relatives' comments. >>

  Why can't you explain that treatment has changed over the years, as has
treatment for headaches, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease,
arthritis, etc.  New medical advances allow for differences in treatment.
What was appropriate for her nephew is no longer the way diabetes is treated
PS if that doesn't work, give her the book and/or buy earplugs!