Re: [IP] anxiety

In a message dated 9/17/99 9:14:06 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have just started seeing a doc for anxiety problems, and i was wondering
if anyone else here deals with the same thing.   >>

Yes, I've had panic attacks that lasted severely for about 2 years. Us
perfectionist types seem to be prone to them.  Then add the fact that your
bgs go out of control (these were happening pre-pump) you test every 2 hours
trying for great control and still go between 350 and 50 five times a day. My
bgs were constantly on my mind to the point of causing these anxiety attacks,
heart pounding, fast breathing, feeling like I was going to pass out.  Docs
wouldn't give me a drug for it, because I put up a pretty good front and they
sent me for counseling and "stress management". I got to where I couldn't
drive on the freeway or go anywhere by myself. Finally I got really severe
daily headaches and was treated with Pamolar (an anti-depressant) because a
side effect was relief from the headaches.  Wow, what a difference. That was
10 years ago and I haven't had a panic attack since!  But, it I go off it a
few days the headaches return, I think they may be related to neuropathy.

Best of luck!