[IP] Re: pumps in hospitals

<<regarding emergencies and such.>>

The MiniMed pump trainer manual has several pages that can be copied for
pumpers to carry with them or to keep on file in case of hospital admissions
or emergencies. One page is titled "Hospital Admission Guidelines, and the
other one is titled "Insulin Pump Guidelines for Hospitalized Patients for
the MiniMed 507C". I usually gave both to my MM oumoers and the first one to
my D pumpers. For D pumpers, we also copied their wallet card with the
programming sequence  and alarm sequence. The guidelines clearly recommend
the pump to remain in place at all times unless other arrangements ar made
for insulin replacement. Which ever pump you are wearing, ask your trainer
for a copy of the appropriate guidelines.

Barbara B.