[IP] Annette- Hospital Pumpin'

Appreciated your post and I think that Barb's suggestion about signing release slips for patients (and/or parents) needs to be on somebody's (everybody's) medical agenda.  I too have countless stories to tell about diabetic care in the hospitals and recall one nurse's parting shot as I left the ER after a bad low. "Call your doctor, He's the expert!"  I said, "I'm the expert, He's my doctor."  If every nurse and doc was as informed as you are it wouldn't be an issue - honest- there's a part of me that would love to give up the care of my diabetes to another.  I'm with Kelly in the 'Secret Bolus Club'-  IF I know I'm going to the hospital I discretely tuck my syringe, Humalog, and some Dex tabs, somewhere in my gear so that I can avoid the ministrations of a few witless folks who want to control everything.  I can't imagine what an awesome responsibility it must be to be responsible for someone's life and I stand in awe of medical personnel who willing choose to do so.  God ble!
!
ss you all.  In the end, however, as you say it may be your job, but then it's my life- and I can't tell you the countless errors in calculations medical personnel have made with me personally.  It's as if I haven't a brain or they don't believe me when I tell them.  If I'm unconcious- I MAY have a little lattitude- but not much. LOL  Take care.  Dianne