Re: [IP] Pumps in hospitals

Dear Annette

The problem with your concerns is that it doesn't work that way!

I have had multiple hospitalizations both before and after using the pump.
Before the pump, I had surgery canceled because my BG was over 400 under the
MD and RN care.

Using the pump (with testing and insulin under my control) I have had no
problem.  I am always careful to drop my basals slightly so that I run
between 150 and 180 during anesthesia or whenever I must fast.

I use my own meter.  I also write all results in notebook that I leave out
for the nurse or doctor to see.