Re: [IP] RE: Which Pump

> Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:18:06 -0800
> From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
> >    For example, they claimed that Disetronic's pump is "water
> >    resistant"
> > rather than waterproof.As the owner of a Disetronic H-TRONplus, I
> > can say it is definitely waterproof, and that is even without use of
> > the red tappet.
> Beg to differ. Water Proof is a designation which indicates that the
> product may be submerged in water up to 30 feet deep. I don't think
> either pump will survive that treatment. The Disetronic certainly is
> sealed in a manner that will allow complete immersion in shallow
> water indefinetly, but it is certainly not waterproof in the sense
> that you would --- for instance --- go skindiving with it on.
> email @ redacted

I don't want to get into semantics (I'm not very good at it), but when it was
mentioned by a number of members that D does not claim to be waterproof, I looked
it up on their site.  They clearly state 'waterproof'.  When I got my D, in '93, I
was told that there would be no problems for short depths without the tappet.  With
the tappet it would be more waterproof to greater depths.  Whether greater depths
was 11' or 31' I don't know, but I don't think I've heard of anyone having trouble
with a leaking D.

Just because mm has made this statement, without explaining it, I would not
consider mm.  I do believe that the pumps are close, with the personal choice
making the only difference.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Somedays I'm the windshield, somedays I'm the bug.