Re: [IP] Info request

>Should I be paying more attention to the more conservative opinions I am
>receiving or go with my gut feeling?

Phil--first of all, I hope everything is going well for you, I know that I
was a mess my first month after diagnosis trying to deal with all the new
stuff that went along with it.  As for your question, I would go with your
gut feeling and GET THAT PUMP!!! I could never understand why docs want you
out of the honeymoon before pumping when the pump might actually extend your
honeymoon period a little and also the honeymoon could give kind of a buffer
if something goes wrong.  I don't think it matters that your insulin will
change--it would change on injections too, and the pump is definately much
much easier to deal with while travelling.  One of the reasons I got one so
quickly for myself was that I am going to England next year and didn't want
to deal with injections, schedules, time zones, etc.  I have only been
diabetic for 5 months.  I started looking into a pump after only 6 weeks,
and have been pumping for 9 days.  I love it--there is no reason you
shouldn't start looking now.  --Gianna