Re: [IP]Dual wave help????

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:02:26 PDT, gianna marzilli posted:
>hi all-- tried an ice cream experiment the other day:  Sundae with 85 carbs,
(2 scoops, caramel, whipped cream, etc.)  bolused 8.5 with 6.0 right away
and then 2.5 units over 2 hours in the square part of the dual wave.  2
hours post sundae, was 151.  3 hours post sundae, crashed to 74.  My
thoughts--I should have given the 8.5 units over a shorter time period?
Maybe more in the normal part of the bolus, or the square part over less
time?  Any thoughts<
I'd try less in the normal part of the bolus (say 4.5 to 5.5), with the
square wave over 1.5 to 2.5 hours.  Keep experimenting until you find what
works best for you, but 1/2 to 2/3 of the total dose in the normal bolus
works for most pumpers I've talked to.
Good luck, and keep up that enthusiasm.
Ed, pumping since 10/20/98