[IP] counselor/seizures

I was treated for a seizure disorder 10 years before my son was diagnosed
with diabetes and one of the instructions the neurologist gave me for
preventin seizures(I am not diabetic) was to eat regular meals as low blood
sugar could trigger a seizure.  This should be common knowledge in the
medical community.  I took medication for seizures for 13 years, renewing
the Rx with my PCP.  I asked last spring for a referral to a neurologist for
evaluation.  He weaned me off the medication and I am now seizure free and
medication free, but I am careful to eat regularly so that my bg--which
tends to run low anyway--doesn't trigger seizures.
Betsy Smith