Re: [IP] Seizures from low blood sugar

> Her endo told us that most diabetics
> would not have a seizure, due to hypoglycemia, unless their BG was in the
> 20s. In Erika's case, however, her BG only has to be below 60 to trigger a
> seizure.

I have had 2 "seizures" in the 19 years that I have been diabetic,
 the first when I was 16 and my blood sugar was 45. The second
was this February(age23) and my blood sugar was 56. Both were
in the middle of the night. I have had lows as low as 23 and not had
a seizure. However, both nights I went to bed with a blood sugar
above 150. So my guess was that the seizure was caused by a
severe drop in bg over a short period of time. It is these lows that
 make me loose coordination during the day also even when my
bg is 115 dropping from 240.

Hope that helps.
-- Sherry