[IP] Seizures from low blood sugar

I have two diabetic kids - Eric, 13 (dx at 1) and Sean, 10 (dx at 2).  Sean
has had some severe lows and has twitched and gotten sleepy or not made too
much sense but nothing worse than that.  Eric, however, is another story.
He's had 8-10 seizure episodes through the years - all from low blood sugar.
He's also had some strange neurological symptoms but remained awake - like
the time he went blind for an hour or so.  His eyes kind of rolled around in
his head and then all he could see was black.  His vision came back after we
got his sugar up.  All the while, he was awake, alert, and conscious - very
strange.  Our endo said that some kids are more prone to neurological
reactions and seizures than others.  We haven't had a seizure episode in a
few years now  though in the past two years we've had two pass out episodes
the latest of which is what prompted us to get a pump for him.

I agree with whoever said that you may want to consider changing counselors.
Almost anything you read on diabetes says that seizures are a possibility if
blood sugar is too low.  It's hard to believe a health care provider doesn't
know that.

Good luck.