[IP] Which Pump

From: "Restis" <email @ redacted>
I have finally decided to use a pump, but have not decided which one.
MM507c or Disetronic H-TRON?  Any coments???

My mentor and a fellow member, Dorothy Braker, gave me the best advice
on selecting a pump. Meet face-to-face with representatives from both
MiniMed and Disetronic. They should demonstrate the pump's functions
and give you their pitch (perhaps you may even be able to get a
trial/loaner pump). After the process was over, I was glad I met with
the MM rep first because their literature compares the two pumps in a
very competitive nature. In turn, this information brought up questions
I hadn't thought of before. The technical departments are a great
resources, if you want a straight answer...

You may find John Walsh's (author of the pump bible, Pumping Insulin)
article "New Insulin Pumps, New Choices" interesting:
http://www.diabetesnet.com/insulinpumps.html

You wouldn't be making a mistake with either a Minimed or Disetronic
pump, both are very good pumps. The most important thing is the
improved control and freedom you will obtain.

Have fun shopping.

Andrea
Happy to be pumping almost 6 months :]