Subject: [IP] Tincture of benzone (aka Gorilla Snot) to make tape stick

Oh, dear, what a difference an "i" can make!  Benzoin is the compound you're
looking for.    My bottle is made by York Pharmacal, Brookfield, MO 64628,
labelled tincture of Benzoin, pump spray bandage tape adherent.  It's a 4 oz
bottle. Wish it still had a NDC number, it would help you order it, but it
must have been on the box or something.

Nancy Morgan, Jenna's mom

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:47:57 EDT
From: email @ redacted

I'd written about a week ago asking for some ideas on getting tape to stick
on my active, athletic 13 year old son who keeps losing his set.  We've
tried various sandwich methods, double taping, triple taping, different
brands, etc.  Several of you recommended we try tincture of benzone (aka
Gorilla Snot).  I've purchased 2 different things (Benzone Tincture and
Benzone Compound Tincture) from the pharmacy.  On the bottle, both say they
are oral mucosal preparations for cancer sores. I don't think I have the
right stuff.

If any of you have used or are using this, could you email me and tell me
the manufacturer and the exact wording on the label?  Also, what do you use
to remove it?