Re: [IP] Concerned "little" sister

> I really don't know what to do, but I am very worried.  Do you guys
> have any suggestions as to how I can help him without accusing him
> or making him feel bad?  (His self-esteem isn't exactly the
> highest.)

He needs to educate himself about diabetes management and the use of
a pump. There is abundant information available both on the web site
and in print. He really should talk to his medical team (or possibly
change teams it they can't/won't do the job) so that he gets adequate
training. The most comprehensive discussion of pump/diabetes
management in laymen's terms is the book Pumping Insulin. Perhaps you
could give him a copy as a gift. It is available from amazon.com and
other on-line sources and can be ordered at most book stores. There
is a hyperlink on the web site:

Hope everything works out OK.