Re: [IP] re: PMS timing & effect of dm on periods

In a message dated 9/13/99 10:58:21 PM, email @ redacted writes:

used to think that dm did effect my periods as a matter of fact I am sure
that is so. >>

My gyn told me last year that she was prescribing metformin (a type II drug)
to make periods more regular even in nondiabetic patients (It actually made
me have questions about the doctor, but I think it does indicate a
relationship).  I, myself, never had regular periods until recent year
improvements in diabetes care enabled me to have more normal blood sugars.