[IP] pumping in Canada

Besides that,  I live in Canada and the pump is not covered by medical
insurance, plus there is  very little interest in the medical profession
about pumping.

Hi Ellie,

There are a good number of us pumpers who live in Canada on this List.
>From talking to the National Sales manager from MiniMed (Mark Mailloux
in Quebec), he states that 8 out of 10 Canadians who pump with MiniMed
pay out of pocket for their pump and supplies. Unfortunately, the cost
of the pump and supplies are my greatest stress in managing this
disease, however I do feel my quality of life has improved with the pump
and it is a good decision.  If you continue to have interest in the
pump, I'll bet those of us pumpers from across Canada could help you
find a physician and trainers who could support you in the pump.  Let us

Janet Riganti
Cremona, Alberta