Re: [IP] NDL

I couldn't link to this site, but did find some other info...hereis an
interesting piece i thought i'd pass along...
i was just wondering if anybody had tried topical steroids?  steroid
injections?  ultraviolet light treatment?

"Other treatments reported to help sometimes are oral aspirin,
pentoxifylline, dipyridamole, locally injected steroids, and systemic
steroids. No one claims to be able to predict what will work on any given
patient, and often not much of anything is effective. However, the ulcers
usually heal if given supportive treatment. Surgery should be avoided.
STEROID WARNING: locally injected and systemic steroids raise blood glucose
and cause severe problems regulating blood glucose. These should be used
only as a last resort. Topical steroids (creams and inhalers) cause no such
Note that treatment is not a medical necessity except for ulcerations and
infections. Otherwise, the purpose of treatment is to prevent ulcerations
and infections, decrease pain and itching, and improve the appearance. "