No Subject

I've been reading a great deal of your e-mails and I've noticed that a lot of you seem to have a problem talking about your diabetes.  I am a 20-year-old college student, who has been diabetic since she was 1.  Maybe it's because I grew up with it, but it's just never been a problem for me.  It's nothing to be embarrassed of and nobody should discriminate against you for it, regardless of whether it's someone you're dating or a future employer.  I actually think it's a good idea to let people know.  That way, if anything should happen to you they at least have a slight idea of what to do.
I have a diabetic friend who went to South Beach (where all the night clubs are in Miami) the other day and had it not been because she had enough confidence in herself to talk about it she would have gotten in a great deal of trouble.  A police-officer actually thought she was on drugs because she was trembling because she was hypoglycemic.