Re: [IP] getting through to family,friends

In a message dated 9/13/99 9:26:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  hi-Just wondering if you all have as much trouble as I do convincing
      your family and friends(mostly family) that with the pump, you can eat
      at any old time, and eat the same stuff they eat. I am an adult
      diabetic who grew up in the "old school". Now, that I am "hip" with my
      pump, I can't do anything differently around them because I get
      disapproving looks and comments. It's ridiculous! No matter how I try
      to explain, they won't listen. >>

I tell people that *all* foods convert to sugar in your body. When they eat,
their pancreas releases insulin automatically: I have to do it mechanically.
Same outcome -- different methods.