[IP] getting through to family,friends

     hi-Just wondering if you all have as much trouble as I do convincing
     your family and friends(mostly family) that with the pump, you can eat
     at any old time, and eat the same stuff they eat. I am an adult
     diabetic who grew up in the "old school". Now, that I am "hip" with my
     pump, I can't do anything differently around them because I get
     disapproving looks and comments. It's ridiculous! No matter how I try
     to explain, they won't listen. I understand to a degree, it's great
     they care and all, but I am so sick of telling them, and then getting
     the special diabetic dessert at family gatherings(mine is that vanilla
     pudding with crushed pineapple and whipped cream all mixed
     together-the whipped cream is a cheat item to them). Any advice on how
     to turn them around? They are not on the Net, so they wouldn't be
     looking for new info here. Thanks all!
     Sarah(who wants to eat pecan pie at Thanksgiving this year!)