[IP] blood in the tubing and calm in the head

Hi.

I've just had another experience that made me glad I found the IP list.
I inserted a sofset the other night that went in perfectly and
painlessly--one of those ones that you truly can't feel.  However,
within a few minutes, there was blood in the cannula and tubing, almost
to the quick release.  I have never had this happen in nearly 4 years of
pumping.  It was only because of previous postings I have read on this
topic that I didn't freak out.  Instead, I decided to go out for the
evening, as planned, keeping a close eye on blood sugar and the set
itself.  My blood sugars were not out of the ordinary, so I decided to
keep the set in.  Later that night, I did develop a large, nasty looking
black/purple bruise around the set, and it is a little tender.  But it's
working, and so I will keep it.

Just thought you guys should know that your words of wisdom and
experience kept me calm in what might have been quite an unsettling
situation.  Thanks.

Jen
with a big, ugly bruise, a blood sugar of 142, and a relatively new
lancet--only a few weeks on this current one!   ;-)