[IP] Lancets

O.K., I have been reading all the notes on reusing lancets,  and I guess I am out of touch, but I use a new one every time.  For those who go for a long time on the same one, do you do anything to sterilize or clean it?  Like wiping it with alcohol?  Do any of you get infection in your fingers?  It sure would make life a little easier not to have to carry around additional lancets all the time.  Thanks