From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 10:15 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] The pump;does it get in the way?

 I have been trying to talk Erika into getting a pump for awhile now.  She
is totally against it.  I did however manage to convince her to swith to
Humalog and counting carbs, so I haven't given up on the pump, yet.

She is concerned about having to be too careful while having a pump,
meaning, does it get caught on clothing, would it get in the way of her job
having to lift a lot?

Erika also has epilepsy, and when her blood sugar gets too low, she is
likely to have a seizure because of it.

How can I convince her that this is the best thing for her, and it won't get
in the way.

Kim S.
Erika's mom, 20 y/o w/cystic fibrosis, diabetes, asthma, and epilepsy.