Re: [IP] re: lancet

In a message dated 9/10/99 2:20:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:<< I havent had any problems, and I rarely wash my hands before
testing. >>

Hi David...

Like you I didn't always wash my hands first before testing.....until I found
out that NOT washing your hands can affect your readings.  Especially if
you've just handled anything with sugar.

I dished up some ice cream for my son one night, and then went to go test by
blood sugar.  My reading was over 200.  I then bolused to correct the "High"
reading.   A couple of mins. later, I happened to remember the ice cream so I
washed my hands again and tested again.  My next reading was only 110.
Fortunately, I was able to stop my pump from giving my the whole bolus.  (I
ate some ice cream myself to cover the amount I hadn't been able to stop).

Take care,