[IP] pump malfuntion

I sent my mm 507c in last week to be serviced due to skipping screens
and now the loaner is acting up.  This morning I was bolusing for
breakfast, when all of a sudden the screen went blank.  I decided to
change out the batteries and all was well again.  Now I wonder-   I
never had a low battery warning.  Has this happened to anyone else?
What did you do? Just wondering if I should request another loaner until
mine is repaired.  I don't want to have  inject  again( I love pumping
too much) while waiting on another  pum. Would it be best to go ahead
and make the request before the is a more serious problem? Sheila