Re: [IP] Support Groups

   A resounding YES for the Philadelphia area- bi-monthly support group led
by Gary Scheiner, my daughter's CDE, whom she's worked with for over 3 years
( off & on) and who is  now orchestrating a teen spin-off support group.
Melissa and I attended the summer meeting, along with about 40 others. If
you're anywhere near Wynnewood, Pa, the next gathering is September 29th at
7:30 and the initial teen group meeting is November 7th at 5:30. Feel free to
e-mail for further details. Gary usually has a "topic" such as exercise,
where to wear the pump, comparing meters, guesstimating carbs, etc....but
from my observations ( not being diabetic myself) the BEST part of the group
is what happens AFTERWARDS when I see strangers "connecting" in the parking
lot, exchanging further stories, ides, phone numbers, etc. The mere fact that
people I first met 2 years ago when Gary began the group were still at the
most recent one is endorsement enough of the need for groups such as this

Regards, Renee (16 yr old Melissa's pump-mom-coach)