Re: [IP] Re: schools against kids - Sorry it's long!

On  9 Sep 99 at 18:47, email @ redacted wrote:

> You use the same lancet for two months??  Doesn't it get dull?

Not usually.  I use the "Softclix" lancet device and the fine tipped lancets
for it seem to last quite a while.  They don't hit anything other than my
finger anyway so there isn't much wear on them.  If it hurts when I stick my
finger I change the lancet - and sometimes they last for three months before I
change them.  What usually happens is they get changed because someone else
wants me to run a bg check on them, which means I have to take my old lancet
out (well, maybe <g>), take the lancet I used on them out, and put a new one in
for me...  I keep the lancet device that came with my profile at my office and
am using up the box of lancets for it when someone wants a bg test there.  That
way I don't have to waste a good lancet...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.