Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:18:59 -0500
From: Jean Dobrer <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Considering use of pump

     I am considering switching to a pump.  I take 4
injections a day and test my blood sugar 4 to 6 times
a day.  My main reason for switching is that I have
had increasingly severe hypoglycemic reactions, with
little or no warning.  My blood sugar seems to rise and
fall dramatically.  I understood that my control could be
more stable with a pump.  I have two questions:

     1.  Do any of you experience severe hypoglycemia
despite using a pump?  Is it less severe than without a

     2.  Regarding insurance coverage:  has anyone had
any experience with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois