Re: [IP] Insurance Q

Michelle I have BCBS fo GA.  They covered the pump.  Just get tthe doctor to write a letter of necessity and have the pump rep to talk with the ins. co.  They approved mine in about two weeks going that route.  Actually I think that my mm rep was very helpful in getting the ball rolling. He is also a patient of my endo and knew what it took. Sheila

Michelle Osborne wrote:

I am on BC/BS of Alabama and was wondering if anyone else is?  I called them today and they claim they have never had a request to cover the pump and told me it would not be covered.  I'm going to try anyway-all they can say is no and I'll try harder again.  Also, does insurance cover the various supplies that go with the pump? --Michelle