[IP] Insurance

The ongoing saga of the insurance battle............despite having told me
(before I bought a pump) that pump supplies would be covered at 100% as
durable medical equipment, the insurance company has changed its mind and
denied me coverage of supplies as DME.  I will only be covered at 50%.  This
is because supplies can only be purchased from medical supply houses which
are not in-network providers.  If I could get supplies are a pharmacy, they
would be covered 75%.  So if supplies are pharmaceutical items, why can't I
find them at any pharmacies? I am a single mother putting an older child thru
college.  I don't know how I will afford this.
An unrelated question: My son is having trouble getting his tenders to stick.
 They tend to fall out before time to change.  Someone suggested
antiperspirant before inserting - but wouldn't that affect the sterility of
the site?