Re: [IP] Re: schools against kids - Sorry it's long!

I was not trying to stigmatize anyone, just trying to relate how educators
who haven't come across this situation before might be thinking initially. As
for stick pins, well I have been stuck with one by a child (schizophrenic who
lost it because I played a song which reminded her of a rape she had
experienced and the voices told her to kill me - she was in 2nd grade). And
you're right, I still use them, because I like to think that most kids are
good, smart and reasonable and will do the right thing. All I wanted to
relate was that there is a real fear out there and that it is somewhat
reasonable. The management of our schools is not easy and it is not always
done right. Someday, I hope we can find a way to care for and educate every
child as an individual without having to make sweeping "all or nothing" laws.
Until then, I guess we just keep doing the best we can.