Re: [IP] Regarding those Breakfast Highs

> now that we know that a certain food is HIGH...do we just avoid it?
> wish we could find a way to bolus for it. I don't think geneva will
> give up her "luckycharms" or "kix"!

Simply make sure it is consumed with other low glycemic index foods
so that a balance is achieved. BTW, Lucky Charms and Trix may not
have that high a glycemic index. Just because a food contains excess
sugar does not mean the sugar is readily available to tthe body. Many
sweetners used in cereals are complex sugars that must be digested,
which takes quite a long time compared to the time required to
convert highly refined grain (essentially pure starch) into glucose.
I don't know this for sure, but I suspect plain old cheerios go in
faster than the kids stuff.