Re: [IP] Am I Doing Everything Wrong? NO

   You've been given LOTS of great advice & most importantly REAL support
from those who truly understand your pain. I have often told "outsiders" that
diabetes is an incredibly insidious disease because my teenager looks & acts
perfectly "normal" ( and is) but the capriciousness of this chronic illness
is such that a miscalculation can result in dire consequences that truly
"normal" people never face. We too experienced the frustration of EVERYONE
having wonderful results with Humalog in their pumps & were feeling equally
disappointed until Melissa's pump-trainer happened to mention that she too
was unsuccessful & was "feeling like a failure"! It was as if we were "given
permission" NOT to be sharing in every else's success stories. We stopped the
Humalog & when she re-tried it for a 3rd time months later, Melissa found it
worked great if she delayed bolusing until AFTER she ate- otherwise she
crashed within an hour after eating, only to go into the 300s hours
later.....The beauty of pump therapy for us has been that whenever things
WEREN'T working well, there was always another avenue to pursue to get her
back on track!!! Good luck to you - you too will find your own individual

Regards, Renee ( 16 yr old Melissa's pump-mom/coach and advocate)