[IP] Re: BCBS of MA (To Michael)

> I read through the so-called policy statement and it is full of myths
> about who is suitable for pump therapy. I particularly like the one
> QUOTE - not suitable
>      Patients who have a tendency for hypoglycemia, or who are unable
>      to detect hypoglycemia, since pump therapy increases risk for
>      hypoglycemic events,
> and the one about pregnancy
>      Patients who attempting to conceive, or are pregnant.......
>      .......increased risk for miscarriage.
> Gee, talk about stone age mentality, what have they been smoking??
> Michael
> email @ redacted

My main reason for posting this was to point out that BCBS of MA
does cover pumps, and that actually as stated before will evaluate
each case and usually will approve if the doctor has written a letter
of medical necessity.  The big point I was trying to make was that
the site mentions what it will cover if you are approved, such as
various pump supplies.  Listing the site for BCBS of CO was to
help the person asking for info. find more info. and numbers to
call to get information.

As for stone age mentality I think you need to check your attitude.
The fact that this insurance company even recognizes that pumps
are out there and are willing to cover them seems pretty advanced
to me.

You forgot to mention that they also give links to information sites
for people to find out more about diabetes, such as the ADA, JDF, etc.
And find out if there are "myths" on the site.  They are just being
an insurance company and covering themselves by posting this.
Each person who requests them is looked at separately, I personally
know a Type II who was pregnant who got one from BCBS of MA.
So before you make a judgement on my insurance and their policy on
pumps...does your insurance even have one?

A bit myphed by your attitude,