Re: [IP] Re (IP) night time highs/basal: solution

At 09:05 AM 9/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>115 is not too high for a 2 hr post prandial!  It is too low. We had some
>discussion about this a few weeks ago. It does sound like you are targeting
>the problem areas, however.
>Barbara B.

I am uncomfortable with a blanket statement that 115 is "too low" for 2
hour post prandial.  As we have all agreed our bodies differ.  The vary in
amazing ways.  Young bodies differ from us old fogies.  I would strive for
a reading of 115 two hours after meals.  I would even strive for a reading
of 115 ONE hour after a meal.  I would, of course, work at keeping it from
going low as well.  To say that any number in the "Normal" range (80-120)
is a stretch. If the BG value mentioned (115) produces some difficulty I am
not aware of it.  If, on the other hand, the BG value has been observed to
predict undesirable results with specific treatment modalities that should
be so stated.  Give me cause-and-effect; not arbitrary limits.

Bob Blakely