[IP] In Need of Glucagon/School HELP!!

Greetings all:
    The following e-mail was forwarded to me by a mutual friend. The mom who
wrote the inquiry has a newly pumping 16 year old, so I'm directing her to
our IP "family" too! If anyone has had success with pursuing the glucagon
issue in school, please write to Mary Ann directly at email @ redacted I told
her this group is THE #1 most credible resource around!!
Regards, Renee (16 yr old Melissa's pump-mom/coach)
.the aforementioned post follows below:........
I spoke with our school district nurse again yesterday regarding the
administering of glucagon in our school, and was told again, that the state
nursing board, by law does not allow anyone except a nurse to administer
it..Our nurses rotate the schools, and we actually only have a nurse once or
twice a week..not full time..In the event of an emergency, 911 would be
called, we'd wait for an ambulance, and when she got to the hospital her
needs would be addressed. (I'm told that our ambulance service also doesn't
do glucagon..!!!)  That's a lot of time gone by...
I spoke briefly with some of you at CC on this issue and vowed to make a
change in our schools, but I need your help..Anyone who has already dealt
with this, and I think we all have, either with success or not, please tell
me where to go from here..According to 504 and our kids bill of rights,
shouldn't the school have to provide for the administering of glucagon, one
way or another...either train someone who is not a nurse, or staff a nurse at
our school full time ?
All of your thoughts, stories and help would be greatly appreciated..I have
the attention of the school board president and feel that the time is right
to act on this issue...thanks !!!  maryann zucker in reno