Re: [IP] Re: schools against kids

In a message dated 9/7/99 6:12:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< You mean, it is not the norm - as in California schools - that there is
 basically no school nurse?  Only 1/2 day, once a week?
 --- >>
Here in NV the schools only have nurses two days a week.  If there is a
problem they "designate."  I found this out when my three yr. old who is
mentally handicapped and has a gtube was placed in Early Intervention.
Respiratory problems, a gtube and an ulcer and they want him on campus with
people who cant do Basic life support for him.  Such as checking breath
sounds and doing back blows for CPR.  It is a fight that we are having to get
a nurse there every morning and to have a medical attendant on the bus with
him.  And I have three doctors writing letters and on my side.  I think our
school system is setting themselves up for some huge problems not having
nurses in attendance the whole school day.