From: Laura Arns [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 12:57 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] comparison questions

We (well, Shane really) are trying to decide between the MM and D.
After watching many videos, reading lots of info, and spending hours
surfing, we still have a few questions about them:

1) On either one, we know that you can shut off the beeps during the
bolus. Is it possible to turn off ALL the beeps, for example when
scrolling through menus, etc (except for alarms of course!)

2) If you take out both (or all 3 on the MM) batteries at once, we
assume you will have to reset the clock, but will you then have to
re-program all the settings and basal rates as well? Our understanding
is that with the D, you can replace the batteries one at a time and
avoid this, but what if for some odd reason you have to take out both at
once?

3) We read somewhere that on the D, with the 2 year warranty on each
pump, that after your 2 years were up, you send it in for a checkup, and
that it then comes back (assuming all is ok), with another 2 years of
warranty on it, and that you can continue this process indefinitely. Can
this really be correct???

4) On one of the MM videos, it said to only put enough insulin in to
last for a certain number of days (can't remember the exact number now).
Is there some reason why you should not just fill it all the way up and
thus be able to wait a bit longer before refilling? It was our
understanding that there is generally no problem with the insulin
quality as long as you don't expose it to lots of temperature extremes.

Hope you guys can help us out!
thanks,
Shane & Laura