RE: [IP] Insurance-Blue Cross/Blue Shield

	I also have Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  I had no problems going onto
the pump, it's just that they only cover $1500.  I financed the rest over a
12-month period (which came out to a down payment of $499 and $166.33/month;
I got Blue Cross/Blue Shield's negotiaed rate of $3995 rather than $4495).
I use a Minimed and when I made my initial phone call one of the questions
asked was the results of my last A1C, which was a 6.8.  Minimed said it
could be a problem but they would handle that and get all the necessary
paperwork from my doctor.  I received a phone call less than a week later
explaining that I was all set and that Blue Cross rarely declines with a
doctor's authorization and any other problems that arose with Blue Cross,
Minimed handles on my behalf.  Blue Cross also covers supplies.  They allow
me to fill my orders for 3 months at a time, however, the only problem I
have is that their idea of a 3 month supply and mine are different (not with
the necessities like reserviors and softsets, but with things like extra
tape [I do the sandwich method] or extra IV prep [with sweating from
exercising, I sometimes need to add extra tape and need to use IV prep
before I do].  Also, I have not found a way for Blue Cross to cover
batteries, but I have been able to find them for about $2.99 each.

	I did also speak with Disetronic.  They did not have any type of
relationship with Blue Cross like Minimed did and a lot of the work that
Minimed did on behalf I would have ended up having to do on my own and as a
result of that, going on a Disetronic would have taken as much as two months
going with Disetronic.

	When I do need to speak with Blue Cross, they seem to recognize a
Minimed pump rather than a Disetronic and when I speak with Minimed, they
are very familiar with Blue Cross and said they are one of the better
insurance companies when it comes to getting approvals.