Re: [IP] Re: schools against kids

On  7 Sep 99 at 21:11, email @ redacted wrote:

> You mean, it is not the norm - as in California schools - that there is
> basically no school nurse?  Only 1/2 day, once a week?

In most schools in Kentucky there is no school nurse.  The position was dropped
years ago for liability and cost containment reasons.  Some of the districts
have a nurse from the health department who visits the schools every few weeks
while others have a single nurse to cover all the schools.  Most of the work
then becomes just administrative-regulatory compliance instead of health care.

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.