Re: [IP] Schools against kids/only pumper in school dist.

On  7 Sep 99 at 21:27, email @ redacted wrote:

> Why can't the healthaid give glucagon?  Can anyone?  Boy moving up, in the
> "real" building and all.........lol.......

It's considered a medication and in many states an EMT or nurse cannot
administer it without direct doctors orders.  At the plant where I work the
plant nurse told me that he would risk his license if he gave me glucagon.  The
funny thing is that any non-licensed, non-trained person can give the injection
without risk as they are covered by the "aid in best faith" provisions of the
"good Samaritian" laws...
Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.