Re: [IP] RE: batteries, when to change

> So, for a child who does not change the batteries herself, would you
> as parents change them before they went low, rather than risk it
> happening at school in the middle of the day?  We're on our 7th week
> since last battery change.

Batteries usually last several days after the alarm if they have gone
several weeks to begin with. The child can change the batteries when
they get home from school. The low battery alarm is most likely to
happen during a bolus since that is when the most demand is placed on
them. The bolus needs to be finished and the pump should continue to
function normally.