Re: [IP] Re: Schools against kids

I remember when I was in junior high school and had a nurse with a serious
lack of compassion!  I had to do all my testing and injections in her office
and her attitude was that I was a huge nuisance.  If I came in with a low and
needed a snack I would basically be treated as though I did something to
cause the low and that I was in total control of how my blood sugars were and
that I must have made a mistake if I was low.  I was so relieved to go to
high school and have a much better nurse who didn't make it a big deal if I
needed help!  The high school nurse even purchased juice boxes and snacks for
us diabetics with her own money to keep in her office!  I am even more
relieved I am now in college.  No more having to be embarrassed about having
diabetes and having other people hate the attention it can bring.