Re: [IP] 504 help

The 504 plan we set up for Eve was very general. Some of the thing we put in
were to give her extra time to finish assignments when she has been low. To
test in her classroom at her desk and have a snack if she needs it. Also to
have a "buddy" go to the nurse with her if she is low. Make sure that
substitutes know that she has diabetes and can test at her desk.  Also to
inform the bus driver BEFORE the first day of school that Eve has diabetes
and have an emergency plan for the bus( it took them 3 months last year to
tell the bus driver). Next year Eve will be in jr. hi and I will include
things like being able to go to the bathroom and get drinks when she needs
them( this is not a problem this year). Make sure all staff is aware that
she has a pump and not a pager. I hope this will help. I know others have
many more things in their 504 plans. Good luck. 8>)

Deborah mom to Eve 12
DXed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99